In the long-term, your bike is always going to suffer some battle scars from when you’re out riding, mountain bike or not. These may come from rocks flicking up and hitting your paintwork, unlucky crashes, or putting your bike in the back of your vehicle. It will take its toll on your bike finish and you will begin to see the damage. This is why more bike enthusiasts are applying paint protection film on their bikes to keep them looking good and protect their resale value.
How do you choose the right paint protection for your bike?
Let us tell you more about the installation process and how to choose the right PPF kit and installation specialist. Installation is a painstaking process and a lot can go wrong. However, when you use a top-quality material applied by a qualified professional, you won?t even know it?s there! Installed correctly, you’ll only be able to see quality paint protection film if you look closely for the edges of the film.
There are many brands of paint protection film available, and XPEL is one of the best premium grade PPFs you can find. When choosing a film, these are the features you should look out for.
Custom Installation Offers Better Protection
Paint protection films are available in a pre-cut DIY designed kit or it can be custom cut and installed. Custom kits are more expensive because they may take 2 to 3 days to complete the installation. Still, a custom cut kit offers a better fit because the film is cut and designed by a highly skilled technician specifically for your bike. It also provides the best coverage for the bike, including wrapped edges. Custom installation is recommended over pre-cut kits for a smoother, seamless look and more comprehensive coverage.
Protected by Warranty
Film manufacturers now offer warranty periods of many years plus, with us, you also get an installation warranty. Contact our sales team to find out more about our warranty.
Quality of Film and Installation Work
No, all Paint Protection Films are not equal! There are 3 different types of paint protection film available on the market – non-clear coated, clear coated, and premium extra clarity. Premium films are more expensive than other films. They provide the best quality finish and most durability after installation.
The XPEL paint protection films that we offer are premium and have many important properties such as self-healing topcoat and edge seal technology. These films let your bike?s finish shine through while shielding it from damage and are still the best solution for protecting race cars and bikes.
XPEL Ultimate Plus (clear gloss) is our top range of glossy PPF. It is approximately 0.20mm thick and at under 90g installed on a large mountain bike. XPEL Stealth (matte) is our matte finish PPF. It is approximately 0.22mm thick and at under 90g installed on a large mountain bike. Be sure to check out our site on XPEL paint protection films to find out more.
As the only authorized XPEL installer in Singapore, we install as per the manufactures procedures, and our quality standards ensure your bike leaves our workshop as perfect as possible. We are so confident in our film choice and installation that we offer a warranty on the installation, to ensure our customers don’t have issues with the film lifting. Come visit us and see why paint protection film installation by Rikecool is the best investment you’ll see.
Getting your bike ready for Paint Protection Film Installation
- Make sure it looks nice and good from the start. But you don’t have to have a new bike to do this. You can do this on your current bike, just ensure your paint finish looks good enough to sell it.
- Select the right frame protection kit. We recommend you go for a full kit by Rikecool that is custom made for your bike. The custom kit should cover all areas where there are going to be some sort of contact.
- Select the right location to perform the installation. It is important to do this indoors in a clean environment. At our workshop, we ensure that no dust particles get between the film and the frame, and the adhesive stays nice and smooth. This will give it the best chance of bonding properly with your frame.
Areas to protect
- Areas where the cables will contact the frame when the suspension moves or the handlebars turn.
- The top tube where your knee pads rub on the tube and dull the finish over time.
- The downtube on the bottom where rocks fly up and damaging your tube in this area. Also, when you lean your bike over the back of your vehicle, it can make a cause your framework to being dulled down over time.
- On top of all of these areas, you should try to achieve an overall consistency in the finish of your bike, to give it a long-lasting appeal.
Visit our online shop and protect your bike with XPEL Paint Protection Films today!
Follow us on
Learn more about XPEL STEALTH
THE AUTHENTIC SINGAPORE XPEL DISTRIBUTOR FOR XPEL
CHECK OUT OUR INSTAGRAM PICS BY RIKECOOL XPEL SG